Tune Up Your Knee Like A Violin!August 1, 2019
A finely tuned violin played by a master violinist can stop you in your tracks. Music can calm you, excite you, inspire you and even move you to joy or tears.
If you gave a violinist an instrument that was “out of tune”, it wouldn’t sound right. In the beginning, only the violinist will notice. As time went on, the violin would go “out of tune” more and more. After a while, even the most basic listener would notice how poorly it played.
What does this have to do with your knee? When your knee is fully functional you are able to walk, run, go up and down stairs, stand and do all the things that bring you joy in your life.
As your knee starts to go “out of tune”, only you notice it as an occasional pain. Given time other people will start noticing that you aren’t walking very well and you stopped going places and doing things you love to do. Then one day, your knee is so “out of tune” the pain becomes unbearable.
If we were going to “tune-up” the violin would we…
- Cut one of the strings?
- Cutaway a portion of a string and replace that portion by tying it to the original string at the top and bottom?
- Rub some kind of ointment on it so that we couldn’t hear it?
- Play and play it focusing on mostly the other strings?
Absolutely not! We would go up to the top of the violins’ neck and turn the peg to either tighten or loosen the “out of tune” string. We all know the problem is most likely because the peg needs to be reset.
If we were going to “tune-up” your knee would we…
- Cut one of the meniscus or ligaments?
- Cutaway a portion your bones and replace that portion with plastic or metal, attaching it to the original bones at the top and bottom?
- Take some medication or get an injection so that we couldn’t feel it?
- Exercise and exercise the “out of tune” knee hoping to tune it up?
An “out of tune” knee actually needs to be reset all the way up at the brain. Just like the violin strings are tuned up above the neck of the violin. Your knee can be tuned up above your neck.
Trigenics is a non-surgical way we use to “tune-up” your bad knee. We see results almost immediately! People are able to move better, stand with greater balance and they have less pain.
This is a very simplified explanation of what we do. The most important thing is that we may be able to help you get you back to doing the things you love to do.
Simply call our office today to find out how we can change your life. 810-225-7246.